Blue Ant Media connects people to their passions through great content. Our channels, which include Cottage Life, T+E, Smithsonian Channel Canada, Love Nature, Makeful, A.Side, HiFi and BBC Earth, are tailored to passion categories ranging from nature to DIY and outdoor living to music. We invest in original content and believe in a customized approach to engaging with our communities on each platform.
Are you an independent producer wishing to pitch a TV series or multi platform concept for a Blue Ant Media channel?
- Read our pitching process instructions and brand guidelines
- Download the Blue Ant Media submission form here
- Submit your form, proposal and visual materials to the appropriate contact, listed below
If you have an idea for a fresh new show that speaks to a passionate audience, we’re interested. Blue Ant Media approaches content in many ways; we commission content from independent producers, we engage in treaty co-productions, we execute service production, we run our own in-house production unit and we acquire fully completed docs and series from around the world
What are we looking for? Content that gives our viewers the opportunity to watch interesting people doing interesting things and enjoy unique access into special worlds. We look for concepts with characters that are upbeat, vibrant, energetic and active. Our programs aren’t lessons, but rather they offer viewers entertaining and compelling takeaways.
All proposals must be accompanied by a Blue Ant Media submission form.
We require a one- to two-page proposal that clearly outlines what the program is about.
Please do not submit pages of research about a subject. The proposal should answer the following questions:
- What is the show about? What is the hook? What makes this unique?
- What will happen each episode?
- Who are the main characters or hosts? And what makes them ideal to tell these stories?
- What makes this a series that has the potential to continue for many seasons?
- What is the shooting and editing style?
- Who is the production team?
- What is the budget range?
Demos are preferred:
A demo is the best way to best show us your characters, their world and the vibe of your idea. It doesn’t need to be long, just a couple minutes. All series proposals and demos will be reviewed by our programming team. If declined, you’ll receive notification by e-mail.
Please include a finance plan in your proposal. Blue Ant Media has a CMF envelope which may be applied to qualifying projects. We can only accept proposals for Blue Ant Media-owned channels.